Liquid Silver Books Submission Guidelines
General Information | Taboo Subjects | Contract and Royalties
Submissions and Manuscripts | Your Query Email Must Include | Manuscript Must Include
- Currently accepting all romance genres and romance subgenres.
- Romance must be the main focus of your story.
- The story must have well developed characters with depth that entice the reader to like and/or identify with them.
- In general terms, our books follow the meeting and beginning of a romance and then the struggles of putting lives together into a long term relationship. While it doesn’t have to be a “Happily Ever After” ending, the characters should at least be settling in to a “Happy For Now” ending, so there is some sort of emotional satisfaction on the part of the reader.
- Manuscripts (MS) with obvious grammar, formatting, and editing issues will not be considered.
- Manuscripts should be critiqued and polished prior to submitting.
We reserve the right to refuse submissions based on subjects we deem inappropriate such as:
- Rape or incest
- Necrophilia (does not pertain to vampires or other “undead” characters)
- Hate messages to any race, gender, religion, or sexuality
- Sexual content with participants under the age of 18
- Our definition of pornography
Contract and Royalties:
Liquid Silver Books is a full service, royalty paying eBook Publisher, which includes:
Our standard contract is for worldwide, English, digital rights for two years.
- Final line editing and proofreading
- Cover art
- ISBN number
- Digital publishing
We pay 40% royalties on net monies received from sales in all outlets. Royalties are paid on a calendar quarter basis by company check. International authors are paid via PayPal.
Submissions and Manuscripts:
- We accept manuscripts with a word count of 15K or above
- We use American English as our standard
- The entire manuscript must be sent as an email attachment in .DOC, .DOCX, or .RTF
Your Query Email Must Include:
- A blurb or summary of the story. We do not need a synopsis.
- An author bio
- Title (title length must be a maximum of 25 characters, including spaces and punctuation. No special characters).
- Series name.
- Book sequence number (if applicable).
- Word count.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted, please notify if applicable.
- Submissions call (if applicable).
- Relationships of the main characters, such as hetero M/F, GLBT - M/M, F/F, ménage - M/F/M, M/M/F, F/F/M, etc.
- Romance genre:
- Time Travel
- Romantic Suspense
- Romance themes:
- Romantic Comedy
- Science Fiction
- Urban Fantasy
- Shifters or Weres
- Action Adventure
- Post Apocalyptic
- Other, please specify
- Heat level as measured by our house levels:
- #1 - Sweet (No Graphic Sex, off screen only)
- #2 - Spicy (Graphic or Descriptive Sex)
- #3 - Hot (Frequent sexual encounters, with explicit and descriptive sex. May include casual BDSM, Fetish, or Kink)
- #4 - Intense (Very explicit and descriptive sex. May contain lifestyle BDSM, Fetish, or Kink)
Manuscript Must Include:
- Author’s pen name
- Author’s real legal name
- Snail mail address
- Phone number
- Website or blog link (if available)
- Email address
- Secondary email (if available)
- Title (length must be a maximum of 25 characters, including spaces and punctuation)
- Series name
- Book sequence number (if applicable)
- No headers, footers, or page numbers
Email your manuscript to email@example.com. You will receive an immediate receipt confirmation. If you do not receive a receipt confirmation, please email our Acquisitions Manager, Jennifer Hassani
Will my book be edited?
- Yes! Your book will be assigned to an editor and final line editor/proofreader who will work with you to polish it for publication.
How long will it take for my book to be published if accepted?
- Depending on length of manuscript, 100 days from contract to release is a general guideline.
Can I use my own cover art?
- No. Liquid Silver Books works with highly trained, professional artists to create a cover that reflects romance and your sub-genre or theme in order to best sell your book.
Will my book be in Print?
- No. Liquid Silver Books is an ePublisher. Our contract is for worldwide, English, digital rights for two years.
How often are royalties paid?
- Four quarterly payments in March, June, September, and December.
If I get a rejection, can I resubmit?
- Yes. We do look at resubmissions, especially if we’ve given you revision suggestions. Please resubmit according to the first submission guidelines, unless directed otherwise by the Acquisitions Manager. If we did not offer revision suggestions, you might want to check our guidelines again to be sure your submission fits our criteria.
Do you accept simultaneous submissions?
- Yes, we do take simultaneous submissions. Your submission will not receive any higher priority, and we request that you honor our time with disclosure and keep us informed of the status.
Do you accept previously published books?
- We only consider previously published works by current Liquid Silver Books authors.
If you don’t see your question here, or you want more information, feel free to email Acquisitions Manager, Jennifer Hassani